The Importance of Hydration
Discover the Importance of Hydration.
Let’s explore the importance of hydration.
An estimated 75% of Americans are dehydrated. Are you one of them?
Are You Drinking Enough Water? Feeling thirsty? I bet you are! I’ve worked with numerous individuals who admit to not drinking enough water regularly.
Do you know that we are about 60% water?
Yes, that’s right and why it’s crucial to stay hydrated to keep your body running smoothly. Do you remember in school seeing the chart with the human brain is made up of 95% water, blood is 82% and lungs are 90% water? Flash-back to school, I know! But, let’s be honest water is the number one thing we need aside from oxygen.
Water assists with:
- Digestion and absorption of food
- Removal of toxins from your body (it is the best agent for detoxification)
- Maintaining proper muscle tone
- Forming the fluids that surround the joints
- Regulating body temperature
- Regulating metabolism
- Nourishing skin cells
Signs and symptoms of dehydration:
- Excessive thirst
- Dizziness or feeling lightheaded
- Infrequent or dark urination
- Muscle weakness or cramping
Tips on hydration:
A general guideline to follow is to aim to consume at least 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water daily. Drink pure filtered water throughout the day for optimum health.
- Herbal tea counts toward your water intake so brew some and drink it warm or ice it.
- Replace calorie-laden and artificial soft drinks with water.
- Drink ice-cold water to rev up your metabolism.
- Add lemons and lime to jazz up the flavor.
- Still, having a hard time? Download a water app and set reminders to drink water.
The quality of your water is highly important and so is your water bottle. Ditch the throw away plastic bottles and get yourself a reusable glass bottle.
Here is my ultimate favorite water bottle.
It is glass with a wide-mouth which makes it easier to clean and to use ice. I love glass because then you do not have to worry about the dangerous plastic BPA’s. The perfect thing about this water bottle is that it is accident-proof. Trust me, I have dropped mine more times than I would like to admit.
So get your drink on! Cheers to hydration!!
FREE 5-Day Online Wellness Retreat
Lose Weight Naturally & Gain Vitality! Feel more grounded and healthy with a few simple changes in your daily regime.
This Free 5-Day Online Wellness Retreat Includes:
- “Natural Weight Loss & Vitality” eBook
- Nutrition and healthy living resources
- A clean eating menu plan and recipes
- Nutrition, yoga, and meditation videos