Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis
The Comprehensive Digestive Stool Test includes an assessment of digestion, absorption, bacterial balance, metabolism, yeast and immune status.
Recommended for general GI-related symptoms:
- Microbial imbalance
Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CSDA)
Doctor’s Data Kit
The Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) is the original noninvasive assessment of gastrointestinal function that includes digestion, absorption, bacterial balance, metabolism, inflammation, yeast and immune status for patients with general GI-related symptoms, such as indigestion, microbial imbalance, constipation, and diarrhea.
Important information regarding digestion and absorption can be monitored from the measurement of the fecal levels of elastase (pancreatic exocrine sufficiency), fat, muscle and vegetable fibers, and carbohydrates.
Additional Biomarkers Available for add-on at additional cost:
- Comp Clostridium Culture
- H. Pylori Antigen
- Zonulin Family Protein, Stool
- This is a home collection test kit that will be mailed to you.
- Ship to lab Monday–Thursday only..
- Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, etc.
- The test results are emailed to us and then we forward them to you.
- Jessica can help you to review your findings and provide nutritional guidance if desired.
- Jessica can provide you with an invoice that you can try to use for insurance reimbursement or you can try to use your HSA.
- We provide a wide variety of additional testing please contact Jessica.
Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analyis Instructions:
If you are taking antifungal or antibiotic medications, please finish the course of medication, and then wait three days before starting this collection. Please refrain from taking digestive enzymes, laxatives (particularly mineral oil and castor oil), antacids, aspirin, and substances containing barium and/or bismuth for two days prior to and during the specimen collection, unless otherwise instructed by your physician. Refrain from taking probiotic supplements for two weeks prior to specimen collection unless instructed otherwise by your physician. To properly assess fat absorption, be sure to consume normal amounts of dietary fat.
- Fasting Required: No
- Specimen: Stool
- Ship to lab Monday–Thursday only
- Results: 10-14 Business Days On Average