Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis
The Comprehensive Digestive Stool Test includes an assessment of digestion, absorption, bacterial balance, metabolism, yeast and immune status.
Recommended for general GI-related symptoms:
- Microbial imbalance
Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CSDA)
The Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) is the original noninvasive assessment of gastrointestinal function that includes digestion, absorption, bacterial balance, metabolism, yeast and immune status for patients with general GI-related symptoms, such as indigestion, microbial imbalance, constipation, and diarrhea.
Bacteriology Culture, aerobic
Bacteriology Culture, aerobic x 3
Bacteriology Culture, anaerobic
Long Chain Fatty Acids
Meat Fibers and Vegetable Fibers
Total Fecal Fat
Additional Biomarkers Available for add-on at additional cost:
Campylobacter & Shiga-like Toxin
Clostridium difficile EIA
Eosinophil Protein X
Helicobacter pylori Stool Antigen EIA
- This is a home collection test kit that will be mailed to you.
- Due to the comprehensive evulation results may take 14-21 days.
- Ship to lab Monday–Thursday only..
- Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, etc.
- The test results are emailed to us and then we forward them to you.
- Jessica can help you to review your findings and provide nutritional guidance if desired.
- Jessica can provide you with an invoice that you can try to use for insurance reimbursement or you can try to use your HSA.
- We provide a wide variety of additional testing please contact Jessica.
Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analyis Instructions:
The following are interfering substances and should be discontinued unless directed otherwise by your physician: bentonite clay, betaine HCL or digestive enzymes, castor oil, mineral oil, rectal suspositorites. If you are taking a medication that isn’t listed as an interfering substance, ask your healthcare professional before stopping any prescribed substance.2 weeks before test: If taking antibiotics or antifungals – or taking beneficial flora supplements (acidophilus, etc.) or consuming food products containing beneficial flora(e.g. Activia®) – it is recommended that you wait at least 14 days after your last dose before beginning the test (unless instructed otherwise by your physician). There may be times when you healthcare provider prefers that you stay on one of these agents (e.g. acidophilus) in order to evaluate its effectiveness. Follow your healthcare provider’s recommendation.
Eat your usual diet during the 2-3 days prior to stool collection, ideally including some fatty foods (e.g. butter or salad oils) and protein-rich foods, so that we may assess how your body processes them. Contact your healthcare provider with any questions.
2 days before the test: It is recommended that you discontinue use of over-the-counter suppressants of inflammation like aspirin and/or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(ibuprofen, Advil®, Motrin®, Nuprin®) unless requested to continue by your physician
- Fasting Required: No
- Specimen: Stool
- Results: 14-21 Business Days
- Ship to lab Monday–Thursday only